« Back to Lists
A Dozen Places to Catch Live Music in Dutchess
- Daryl’s House, Pawling: An awesome place for great food and live music! The concept was born with Daryl Hall and his tv show" Live from Daryl's House", where he invited his favorite musicians to his home for music and great food. This tradition continues by combining top-notch food with amazing artists. Check it out: http://www.darylshouseclub.com/
- The Chance Theater, Poughkeepsie: Built in 1912 for vaudeville, the area's premier live music club hosts classic and contemporary rock bands, as well as international acts. Grab tickets to an upcoming show by visiting their website here: http://thechancetheater.com/
- Towne Crier Café, Beacon: This full-service restaurant offers live folk, jazz, blues, Cajun, Zydeco, Celtic, world, bluegrass artists and even open-mic nights. A neighborhood staple, this place is always a great option for some live music and fun with friends!
- Tavern 23, Poughkeepsie: This cool, comfy bistro is a recently revamped college bar, which is now drawing in locals for gastropub eats and great craft brews. They offer several nights of live music for your entertainment. Oh, and did we mention the food is prepared by a Culinary Institute of America grad, so you know it’s good!
- Quinn’s, Beacon: Beacon has been earning quite the reputation for being ‘Brooklyn North’ and this quirky little restaurant and bar is definitely giving us those Brooklyn vibes. Being dubbed as the hipster hotspot, Quinn’s is a Japanese ramen spot with great bands and DJs playing almost every night of the week. So head on over for some sake and stick around for the music!
- Dogwood, Beacon: This bar and restaurant is definitely one that’s loved by the locals. Don’t let its casual atmosphere fool you, Dogwood is serving up some amazing bar food, a great selection of craft beers, and entertainment by some amazing local musicians. http://www.dogwoodbar.com/
- Mahoney’s, Poughkeepsie: This traditional Irish pub will definitely keep you entertained! With two levels, and live music Thursday through Saturday, this hotspot is always packed with people out to have a good time.
- Max’s on Main, Beacon: If you’ve ever been to Beacon then you know Max’s. This longtime Beacon bar is a crowd favorite. Their casual vibe and good bar food attract crowds all week long, although it’s the live music every Friday and Saturday that really bring this bar to life! http://maxsonmain.com/
- Chill Wine Bar, Beacon: This spot is truly the coziest nook in Beacon to go chill with friends. Live jazz music is performed every Saturday night, which provides the perfect atmosphere for sipping wine and sliding into pure relaxation mode. http://www.chillwinebarbeacon.com
- Hyde Park Brewing Company, Hyde Park: Who doesn’t love a place that hosts ‘Acoustic Winkle Wednesday’s’? Hyde Park Brewing Co. is not only brewing up their own craft beers, but offering live music on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
- The Derby, Poughkeepsie: Right on Main Street in Poughkeepsie, The Derby is one that’s been around for years. Don’t miss live music every Friday and open mic jazz night every Tuesday! http://www.brownderbynewyork.com
- Piano Piano Wine Bar, Fishkill: With a name like Piano Piano there’s got to be music involved! Old World meets new world at this great wine bar in Fishkill. A relaxing space, but with a big city feel, they offer live music Saturday evenings, ranging from R & B to Latin jazz and even a crooner. Wines served from around the world, micro brews, cappuccino, espresso and light food items. http://www.pianopianotherestaurant.com/