Top 10 Ice Cream Shops in Dutchess County
Dutchess County truly is a place that experiences all seasons, from those cold, snowy winters, to the hot, humid summers. As things start to heat up one thing is for sure, people flock to their local ice cream shop to cool off. It’s time to share the wealth and fill in visitors on where the best spots are! Here’s our list of Top 10 Ice Cream Shops in the area:
- Joe’s Dairy Bar, Hopewell Junction: With its unassuming appearance, people may be likely to drive right by, but locals know the truth – look past the unpaved parking lot and chipping ice cream cone that tops this building, because their soft serve is no joke.
- Holy Cow, Red Hook: This ice cream shop is one locals have been flocking to for years, and they’ve kept things old-school, and you can tell by the frequent long lines!
- Zoe’s Ice Cream Barn, Poughkeepsie: Owned by a CIA grad, you know this place is going to be good. Using local ingredients and whipping up fresh waffle cones, this spot has become a quick favorite among locals and out of towners alike.
- Zora Dora’s Micro Batch Ice Cream & Paletas, Beacon: Not your typical ice cream scoop shop, Zora Dora’s is pumping out unique and delicious ice cream and sorbet popsicles. With flavor combinations like roasted banana and peanut butter, to pineapple mango ginger, you’ll have a tough time deciding which one to devour!
- Fudgy’s Ice Cream, Amenia: This busy little shop in Amenia is always a crowd pleaser. Attracting both locals and those passing through, this place gets rave reviews from all! If you’re ever on Route 22, you need to pull over and try this place.
- Beacon Creamery, Beacon: Beacon has definitely undergone some transformation over the years, but this creamery has a remained a staple to local residents. From its brightly colored exterior to its classic flavors, this spot isn’t going anywhere!
- Village Creamery, Wappingers Falls: A classic neighborhood ice cream stand, equipped with soft serve and specialty sundaes, cool off at the Village Creamery if you’re ever in Wappingers!
- Ron’s Ice Cream, Beacon: This little yellow building sits just across from a neighborhood park, making it a convenient and popular spot on game days.
- Utterly Delicious, Pleasant Valley: Having just opened in 2013, this place hasn’t been around as long as some of the others, but it’s quickly captured the hearts of patrons. With a large selection of flavors and a ‘bounce pillow’ in the back for kids, this spot is one that families love.
- East Fishkill Provisions, Hopewell Junction: With over 24 soft serve flavors it’s no surprise this is a popular spot for families after a baseball game. Create your favorite concoction and then enjoy your sweet treat on their outdoor patio!