Are you looking for handcrafted, one-of-a-kind gifts for your friends and loved ones this holiday season? Searching for something unique and heartfelt to give that special someone? Here in Dutchess County, we’ve got you covered!
With handmade markets popping up all over the county this holiday season, you can shop for everyone on your list and find plenty of quality items made right here in New York’s Hudson Valley. From soaps and baked goods to jewelry and artwork, there is something for everyone at these Dutchess craft fairs.
Every Tuesday through Saturday, Nov. 7 – Dec. 16 at Arts Mid-Hudson, Poughkeepsie
Browse through unique creations from more than 60 Hudson Valley artists and makers and find locally produced glass, jewelry, greeting cards, textiles, ceramics, wood products, prints, paintings, home decorating items and so much more. Open Tuesday through Friday from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Every Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 11 – Feb. 4 at Bannerman Island Gallery, Beacon
This exhibition and sale features small paintings, watercolors, prints, photographs, mixed media works, ceramics, sculptures and gift items, many of which are Hudson Valley themed and all of which are available for purchase. The gallery is open Saturdays and Sundays from 12 – 5 p.m. or by appointment. Proceeds from all sales will benefit the on-going restoration work being done on Bannerman Island.
Friday and Saturday, Nov. 17 and 18 at Germania of Poughkeepsie
Treat yourself to authentic German cuisine and baked goods while you shop for all your holiday gifts at Germania of Poughkeepsie's two-day Christkindlmarkt. Find all sorts of items from local vendors and enjoy indoor dining and an enclosed, heated vendor tent. Be sure to buy some delicious German potato salad, sauerkraut, herring salad and red cabbage for your holiday feast! Open Nov. 17 from 4 – 9 p.m. and Nov. 18 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 18, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at the MJN Convention Center, Poughkeepsie
Winterfest packs a lot of holiday cheer into one Saturday at the Majed J. Nesheiwat Convention Center (formerly the Mid-Hudson Civic Center). Shop for all your gifts from the more than 75 vendors at the MJN Winter Craft Fair. Family Services’ Festival of Trees features themed trees which will be raffled off. Stick around for the holiday figure skating show and various holiday performances, and don’t leave without getting a picture with Santa!
Saturday, Nov. 18, 2 – 7 p.m. at the Hyde Park Antiques Center, Hyde Park
Stop by this 1770s carriage house for a glass of local wine, meet the new owners and search for vintage treasures in 9,500 square feet of vendor space filled with everything from furniture and vinyl records to dishware and collectibles. Selected by Hudson Valley Magazine as the “Best Antique Furnishing Store” in the Hudson Valley in 2023.
Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 18 and 19 at the Delamater Inn and Conference Center, Rhinebeck
This two-day sale features blown glass, textiles, pottery, baskets, jewelry, felting, wood, paper and polymer clay from a collection of 17 artisans, all in a gallery setting at the beautiful Delamater Inn and Conference Center in the heart of Rhinebeck’s walkable downtown. Open Nov. 18 from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Nov. 19 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Friday through Sunday, Nov. 24 – 26 at Locust Grove Estate, Poughkeepsie
Curated by local artists Paola Bari and Lorna Thompson, this ninth-annual market over Thanksgiving weekend features the best handcrafted goods sourced exclusively from about 40 local artisans and merchants. Shop for fine art, jewelry, ceramics, textile, gifts and gourmet food. Open Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Locust Grove is hosting a sleigh-full of fantastic holiday programing this season. Check out their event calendar for details.
Saturday, Nov. 25, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the River Valley Arts Center, Wappingers Falls
Witness the future of local business in action as young entrepreneurs, ages 8 – 17, showcase their goods and services. It’s a great place to do your holiday shopping while empowering talented youngsters who are creating, marketing and selling their own products. Be sure to check out the River Valley Arts Center schedule of programs and events for adults and kids alike.
Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 25 and 26 at Dutchess Community College, Poughkeepsie
A Hudson Valley holiday tradition for decades, this juried craft fair, which has partnered with Quail Hollow Events for the first time, features more than 100 artists offering up their treasures. You’ll find fresh, locally sourced wreaths, ornate holiday ornaments, and all sorts of festive handicrafts, including fine art, jewelry and ceramics, along with small-batch products like candles and soaps. Open 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. both days.
Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 2 and 3 at Troutbeck, Amenia
This new two-day event features more than a dozen vendors selling unique gift items — and plenty of kid-friendly programming to keep the youngsters occupied while you complete your holiday shopping. For your convenience, there will even be a wrapping station (to wrap the gifts, not the kids). You’ll find artwork, clothing, tableware, toys and more. If time allows, book a room for the weekend at Troutbeck and make plans to dine there before or after you shop at the bazaar. Open 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. both days.
• 7th Annual Town of Wappinger Fall Craft Fair — Saturday, Nov. 11, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. at Wappinger Town Hall, Wappingers Falls
• Hyde Park Craft and Fair Trade Marketplace — Saturday, Nov. 11, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, Hyde Park
• Young Entrepreneur Holiday Fair — Sunday, Nov. 12, 1 – 4 p.m. at Fishkill Baptist Church, Fishkill
• Holiday Book Sale — Friday, Nov. 17 (11 a.m. – 7 p.m.; early bird tickets available); Saturday, Nov. 18 (10 a.m. – 5 p.m.) and Sunday, Nov. 19 (10 a.m. – 5 p.m.; everything half off) at Locust Grove Estate, Poughkeepsie
• Tivoli Artists Gallery Holiday Show — Every Friday (5 – 8:30 p.m.), Saturday (12 – 8 p.m.) and Sunday (11 a.m. – 7 p.m.), Nov. 17 – Dec. 17 at Tivoli Artists Gallery, Tivoli
• FDR High School Holiday Craft Fair — Saturday, Dec. 2, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. at FDR High School, Hyde Park
• Clinton Historical Society Holiday Craft Fair — Saturday, Dec. 2, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at the Evangelical Free Church, Clinton Corners
• The Black Barn Winter Market — Saturday, Dec. 2, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Skyrise Farm, Millerton
• Arlington Business Improvement District Holiday Festival — Saturday, Dec. 2, 11 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. at the Garden Arts Space, Poughkeepsie
• Anderson Center Holiday Craft Fair — Sunday, Dec. 3, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. at the Anderson Center for Autism, Staatsburg
• 5th Annual Yule Oddities & Curiosities Night Market — Friday, Dec. 8, 6 – 11 p.m. at Locust Grove Estate, Poughkeepsie
• Branchwater Farms Holiday Craft Fair — Saturday, Dec. 9, 12 – 3 p.m. at Branchwater Farms, Milan
• Holiday Market at The Academy — Sunday, Dec. 10 at The Academy, Poughkeepsie
• Craft Feast — Sunday, Dec. 10, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Stissing House, Pine Plains
• Bangallworks Holiday Craft Fair — Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 16 and 17, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. at Bangallworks, Stanfordville
Thank you for reaching out to Dutchess Tourism, Inc. Due to the volume of inquiries, please allow 48 hours for a response. For immediate assistance, please call our main line at (845) 463-4000.
Don't forget to sign up for our monthly newsletter to receive the latest news, top attractions and upcoming events in Dutchess County. For more travel inspiration, view our digital Destination Guide .