Be a part of our National Travel & Tourism Week Rally Day Activities and consider becoming a sponsor of Dutchess Tourism’s 6th Annual Awards of Distinction. Gold, Silver and Bronze levels are available and include event tickets, sponsor acknowledgment in the newsletter, on the website and with logo at the event.
RSVP today for the events on May 7! The day begins at 8:30 a.m. with our Brochure Exchange Tailgate, followed by the 6th Annual Awards of Distinction Brunch at 10 a.m.
Awards will be presented to winners in the categories of Arts, Culinary, Family Entertainment, History, Outdoors, and Hospitality and the Dutchess County Executive’s Award for Overall Distinction. This week, we’ll announce three finalists daily in each category through our social media channels!
- Volunteer for the Summer Games in Dutchess! - Dutchess is proud to be hosting on June 14-15. Volunteers and Fans are needed.
- Partners Needed: April 28 - Join us in our booth – a great business outreach opportunity
- Partners Needed: May 3 - 5 - Join us in our booth – a great business outreach opportunity.
- Join Us on May 14 - Attend this educational event to learn about trends in the food & beverage industry.
- Extranet Event Calendar - Do you have tourist events coming up at your location? Add them to our online calendar.
- Dutchess on the Road - We’ve been all over the nation & abroad this year, promoting tourism in Dutchess
Is Your Website ADA Compliant?
While physical accessibility may come to mind in discussion of the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the internet is now everyone’s source for information and website accessibility is of heightened importance. To scan your website for deficiencies (for free!) to develop your plan for compliance, check out this WAVE web accessibility tool or Tenon.io website test. You can also read the the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0).
We’ve recently taken steps to make DutchessTourism.com accessible to visitors of various ability levels. Integrated with ReciteMe, a cloud-based accessibility tool, users can choose among 15 accessibility services, such as changing the font size, color scheme, or language; enabling a ruler or screen mask to improve readability; and text-to-speech features.
A Message from Mary Kay Vrba, President and CEO of Dutchess Tourism, Inc.
New York State’s Path Through History initiative highlights our rich heritage, showcases our history and cultural significance, and promotes tourism and economic development. In 2019, Path Through History weekends will be held on Father’s Day weekend (June 15-16) and in the Fall on Columbus Day weekend (October 12-14), and I encourage your organization to participate. This is an opportunity to have your NYS history-connected event promoted in state-wide promotional efforts. Register your event today.