Important Update From I Love NY
I LOVE NY has released new guidelines for its listings and events. It is very important that you review these new guidelines as I LOVE NY is applying much stricter standards to the types of businesses and events that can be listed on their website and app. New rules regarding word limits for descriptions and photo requirements have also been put in place.
As a Tourism Promotion Agency, Dutchess Tourism, Inc., has access to add and update events and listings. The Extranet for dutchesstourism.com automatically updates Dutchess County listings on Iloveny.com. Please make sure that your listing on dutchesstourism.com includes a minimum of two photos (one for event listings) and the description is between 50 and 250 words.
- Getting Started with Instagram Stories: Access Kacie’s Lunch & Learn Presentation in our Extranet. Get Access
- Volunteer for the Dutchess County Classic!: Help us at SUNY Dutchess on the morning of September 15. Sign Up Here
- Tourist Information Centers: Have a new rack card for your business? Provide us with 500 to display for FREE at 17 TICs. Contact Us
- Who visited you this summer?: Which friends and family accepted your postcard invitation? Share your summer memories with us on social media using #VisitDutchess
- Feature Your Overnight Package: Share your overnight package with visitors. Partner with a nearby attraction or bundle a room with a meal. Contact Us
- Dutchess in the News: Dutchess Tourism recently hosted Christopher Mitchell of TravelingMitch from Toronto. Read about his experience in Rhinebeck. Read The Article
Dutchess Tourism is proud to congratulate Melaine Rottkamp, Vice President, for earning her Certified Destination Management Executive (CDME) credential from Destinations International. Melaine participated in the CDME graduate ceremony at the Destinations International Annual Convention last month. The CDME is the tourism industry’s highest individual educational achievement and requires completion of a program focused on vision, leadership, productivity and implementation of business strategy in the destination marketing industry.
A Message from Mary Kay Vrba, President and CEO of Dutchess Tourism, Inc.
Sharing Our ThinkDIFFERENTLY Initiative!
Earlier this month, many of our hotel partners attended our ThinkDIFFERENTLY Lodging Roundtable and I want to thank Toni Chiarfella, Dutchess County Deputy Commissioner of Special Needs, and David McGory from New Horizons Resources for presenting on our County Executive Marc Molinaro’s ThinkDIFFERENTLY initiative. Together, we continue to improve our county’s accessibility and inclusivity for visitors and residents. Our progress has not gone unnoticed, and in the coming months I’m speaking at the VA-1 (Virginia) Tourism Summit, ESTO (Educational Seminar for Tourism Organizations), and the Travel Ability Summit to share details on our initiative and its importance with the nation. Thank you to everyone who continues to #ThinkDIFFERENTLY.
– Mary Kay Vrba • email@example.com