June is LGBTQ Pride Month
LGBTQ Pride Month is celebrated annually in June to recognize the impact that lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer individuals have had on history locally, nationally, and internationally. Learn more about Pride Month here.
WorldPride, an international event that celebrates the LGBTQ experience, is being held in the United States for the first time ever this June – and it’s taking place in New York City. Millions of people from across the globe will travel to our state this month.
We wanted to take this opportunity to thank you, our partners, for doing your part in making all visitors to Dutchess County feel welcome. Dutchess County is proud to be an LGBTQ-friendly destination.
- What’s UGC (User Generated Content)?: Access Kacie’s Lunch & Learn Presentation in our Extranet. Get Acess
- Volunteer for the Summer Concert in Dutchess!: Help us at Bowdoin Park on July 20 at the Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes concert. Email Susanne
- 2018 was one for the books!: Watch our short video to learn about Dutchess Tourism’s accomplishments last year. Watch
- Tourist Information Centers: Have a new rack card for your business? Provide us with 500 to display for FREE at 17 TICs. Contact Us
- Film in Dutchess: If you have a filming location available for projects coming to the area, send us photos! Submit Your Property
- Dutchess in the News: We recently hosted Lauren Yakiwchuk in Dutchess and she shared her experience on her blog. Read the Blog
ThinkDIFFERENTLY with Anderson Center for Autism
In 2019, the Village of Rhinebeck will be the first Autism Supportive Community in our region. In collaboration with the Anderson Center for Autism, businesses and organizations throughout the Village will pledge to make at least one adjustment to their facilities or the way they operate. As we continue to ThinkDIFFERENTLY in all of Dutchess County, these changes that create supportive atmospheres for people with autism and their families make a world of difference for residents and visitors.
Anderson Consulting Services offers its Autism Supportive Environment℠ Program, Autism Awareness Training and First Responder training to assist businesses and organizations in understanding, serving and supporting these individuals and their families. Click here for a list of businesses and organizations that are Autism Supportive Environments℠ and contact Anderson Center for Autism to learn how your business can benefit from the program.
A Message from Mary Kay Vrba, President and CEO of Dutchess Tourism, Inc.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2019 Dutchess Tourism Awards of Distinction!
Fishkill Farms – Clove Creek Dinner Theater – Terrapin Restaurant – SplashDown Beach – Bannerman Castle Trust – Malouf’s Mountain Campground – Scott Koster, Millbrook Vineyards & Winery
Have you personally visited any of these award-winning attractions in Dutchess? I ask you to invite your friends and family to pay us a visit this summer to see all that the county has to offer. Need more ideas? Check out our one-, three- and five-day itineraries here.
—Mary Kay Vrba • email@example.com