Don't Miss The Brochure Exchange Tailgate On Tuesday!
Wouldn’t it be great if other tourist-facing businesses knew about your attraction, lodging or restaurant so they could promote you? This is the magic that happens at our Brochure Exchange Tailgate! Bring a minimum of 500 brochures to share out of your trunk for cross-promotion to visitors, because working together helps ensure a great Dutchess County visitor experience! RSVP today! This free event takes place on Tuesday, May 7 at 8:30 a.m. at the Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library & Museum, Wallace Center in Hyde Park.
- Hot off the presses!: Check out our 2019 Destination Guide. Let us know if you’d like a supply to share with visitors. See It Here
- Charting The Course: Did you miss our Research Presentation? Find the data-packed reports and presentation on our website. Learn More
- Volunteer for the Summer Games in Dutchess!: Dutchess is proud to be hosting on June 14-15. Volunteers and Fans are needed. Sign Up Now
- Join us on May 14: Attend this educational event to learn about trends in the food & beverage industry. Learn More
- Are you using Google’s free My Business Tools? Access the Lunch & Learn Presentation in our Extranet. Get Access
- Dutchess in the News: Annette Benedetti recently visited Dutchess and shared all we have to offer. Read The Article
Are you GDPR compliant?
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has been in effect for almost a year and requires organizations to protect personal data. The GDPR covers all organizations that handle the personal information of EU citizens or residents, which includes organizations not in the EU that offer goods and services to people there. In GDPR, there are six legal justifications that allow processing (collect, store, use, etc.) of data, and the processing must be fair, as well as based on transparent and unambiguous communication with the person who owns the data. The first lawful base for processing data (including email addresses) is consent, which must be obtained unambiguously and after a full explanation of what you plan to do with the data. There are specifics that can be read here, and organizations are required to keep documentary evidence of consent. Make sure you review all legal bases and seek legal advice from an attorney to understand how GDPR applies to your organization.
A Message from Mary Kay Vrba, President and CEO of Dutchess Tourism, Inc.
Travel matters, and it improves Dutchess County in ways that have a wide-reaching impact on our residents. Travel supports 11,239 travel jobs in Dutchess, and it also has an impact that we do not always see: travel can strengthen families, foster hometown pride, and build bridges that connect us with one another.
National Travel & Tourism Week is May 5th through 11th. One of the ways we’ll be celebrating is by presenting the Dutchess Tourism Awards of Distinction on Travel Rally Day, May 7th, to recognize excellence in our industry. We appreciate the passion and commitment shown by ALL our tourism related businesses and attractions. Without so many outstanding partners, we would not be as successful as we are at bringing visitors to the county and driving visitor spending, which topped $601.5 million in 2017. Thank you for your support!
How will you celebrate? Show us on social by using the following hashtags: #NTTW19 #DistinctlyDutchess #TravelMatters #DutchessTravelBiz —Mary Kay Vrba • firstname.lastname@example.org