Charting The Course
In 2018, Dutchess Tourism conducted extensive research in order to better position Dutchess County in the crowded travel marketplace. Tourism-related businesses and other interested parties are invited to attend this informative presentation to gain valuable insights that will benefit their businesses and organizations. DTI President & CEO Mary Kay Vrba will present the findings of that research followed by Board Chair Judy D’Alessandro, who will unveil the organization’s strategic plan for the future designed to support the tourism industry here in Dutchess County.
• Lunch & Learn Seminars - Attend one of our 4 FREE educational sessions this spring. RSVP now!
• Partners Needed: March 16 - 17 Join us in our booth – a great business outreach opportunity.
• Partners Needed: May 3 - 5 Join us in our booth – a great business outreach opportunity.
• Tourist Information Centers Have a new rack card for your business? Provide us with 500 to display for FREE at TICs.
• Extranet Best Practices Make sure the most important info is in the first 10-11 words of your listing on our site.
• Dutchess In the Spotlight In October we hosted award-winning travel blogger Ann Cavitt Fisher.
Now Accepting Nominations for our 6th Annual Awards of Distinction, Sponsorships Available
Who’s your favorite? Nominations are requested until March 15 from Dutchess County residents and businesses for Awards of Distinction. Awards will be presented to winners in the categories of Arts, Culinary, Family Fun, History, Outdoors, and Hospitality. Past winners are not eligible. Self-nominations are accepted. For submission information and a list of past winners, visit DutchessTourism.com/nominations.
Consider becoming a sponsor of Dutchess Tourism’s 6th Annual Awards of Distinction. Gold, Silver and Bronze levels are available and include event tickets; sponsors are acknowledged in the newsletter, on the website and with logo at the event. For more information, visit dutchesstourism.com/awards.
A Message from Mary Kay Vrba, President and CEO of Dutchess Tourism, Inc.
You may have noticed that the content of our monthly e-newsletter has been refocused! Look forward to helpful tips, industry trends, opportunities for your business and more in the coming months! Members of the Dutchess Tourism Board of Directors and I are attending 2019 Tourism Action Day in Albany on March 12. The importance of tourism to NY’s economic well-being is reiterated at this annual meeting of tourism professionals from across the state. It is a pleasure to attend this event to advocate on your behalf and to discuss important issues impacting the industry locally.