Located on the grounds of the Home of Franklin D. Roosevelt National Historic Site, the garden was created in 1912 by Beatrix Farrand, a landscape gardener whose work defined the American taste in gardens throughout the first half of the 20th century. Enclosed in fieldstone walls and hemlock hedges, the garden is noted for its lush perennial borders composed of Farrand's signature plants in a sophisticated color
s. scheme. Farrand designed the garden as an extension of Bellefield, an elegant 18th century house remodeled by famed architects McKim, Mead and White for Thomas and Sarah Newbold which now serves as the headquarters for the National Park Service.
|Address:||4097 Albany Post Road|
|Hyde Park, NY 12538|
|Phone (main):||(845) 229-9115(ext 2023)|