Dutchess County Tourism (DCT) was established in 1984. The officially designated destination marketing organization for Dutchess County, it brings tourism dollars to area businesses by marketing and promoting the assets of Dutchess County to the nation and the world.
Program areas are:
- External Marketing: Advertising, national and international trade shows, publications, familiarization tours and direct mail;
- Promotions/Publicity: Public relations, regional promotions and travel writers;
- Retention/Expansion: Hospitality training, tourist information centers and advocacy programs;
- Publications: Travel Guide, Scenic & Historic Drive Tours, Bike Tours and Calendar of Events.
- Product Development, Winery Programs, Great Estates and Waterfront;
- Major Events: Tourism Conference, Travel Writers' Conferences, Holiday of Lights Reception, National Tourism Week.
DCT is New York State's Division of Tourism's "I Love New York" matching funds partner and a partner in Hudson Valley Tourism, Inc. in their regional marketing programs.
DCT is a division of the Dutchess County Economic Development Corporation. Programs provided by this agency are partially funded by moneys received from the County of Dutchess.